It is very important that you measure your feet using our tools and that you don't rely on sizing from other brands. We have adjusted our sizing to be in-line with US Brannock device sizing and our width is a "D". The "How to Choose the Correct Size" video shows the best methods for determining your Ace Marks size. Best methods are.
1) Find Your Size & Width
2) Fitting "D" Width Britwin
3) Fitting "E" Width Britwin
4) Guide for high arches (In-steps)
5) Sizing: Ace Marks vs. Other Brands
How To Determine Your Size & Width Using The Sizing & Width Measuring Tool:
- Remove your shoes, but be sure to leave on a pair of socks similar to the type that you plan to wear with your shoes.
- Put a straight edge (ruler, clipboard, book, etc.) on the red line behind where it says "Right/Left Heel" (depending on which foot you are measuring--using the correct side is VERY IMPORTANT).
- While standing, put your heel firmly against the straight edge and put your foot down.
- Record the size indicated at the tip of your longest toe (the longest point of your foot). Marking this with a pen while standing on the tool is best, as it can be difficult to accurately read the measurement from a distance. If the size falls between two lengths, choose the longer length.
- Repeat entire measuring process for your other foot, but remember to flip the measuring tool so that you are using the correct side: Right or left heel. Very few people have feet that exactly match one another, and you should buy shoes based on your larger foot size.
- Record the width indicated on the widest part of your foot (make sure that the inside of your foot is properly aligned with the red line). Marking this with a pen while standing on the tool is best, as it can be difficult to accurately read the measurement from a distance. If your width falls between two widths, and you prefer a closer fit, you may want to stick with the narrower width unless you have a high instep. If you prefer a looser fit, go with the wider width.
- If you are a "2E" make sure that you buy half a size bigger than what you measure. So if you are a size 10EE, buy a size 10.5E.
- If you are a "3E" make sure that you buy a full size bigger than what you measure. So if you are a size 10EEE, buy a size 11E.
- If you have a high instep, you should stick with one of the lace shoes or monk straps. If you have a VERY high instep, go up half a size (if you are a "D" width with a very high instep, get an "E" width in your proper size).
- If you are a "C" width, make sure that you buy a half size smaller than what you measure. So if you are a size 10C, buy a size 9.5D. You should also stick with a lace shoe so that it can be better adjusted to your foot.
- If you are a "B" width, make sure that you buy a full size smaller than what you measure. So if you are a size 10B, buy a size 9D. You should also stick with a lace shoe so that it can be better adjusted to your foot.
- MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL OF OUR SIZING VIDEOS TO GET EVEN MORE DETAILS AND EXPLANATIONS!!.